What is the organization “Friends of Anansi Charter School”?
The Friends of Anansi Charter School is the non-profit, parent driven volunteer organization, and Parent Advisory Committee to the school. In addition, the Friends of Anansi Charter School are currently the owners and landlords for the school’s facility through a state approved “Lease with Option to Purchase” Agreement.
Friends of Anansi Charter School Vision:
To have a financially sustainable school that meets the needs of its students, faculty and families through academic excellence, social and emotional development and building a strong foundation for life-long learning.
Friends of Anansi Charter School Mission:
- To support Anansi Charter School in its pursuit of excellence:
- To fulfill the financial commitment we have in developing the current facility and its expansion;
- To raise money to maintain the campus;
- To work to promote a partnership of parent, student and faculty;
- To assist with financially sustaining the school in the future through educational enrichment and community based programming;
- To build outreach within our greater community
Monthly meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at 1:45pm.
Friends of Anansi Charter School organize many fun and community-building events throughout the year, and provide services that help the school. Friends of ACS also fund-raise every year as requested by the school, to be used where needed. The school counts on substantial support from Friends.
To join our group, please call Karina at: 575-776-2256
Friends of Anansi
Charter School Members:
President: Jasmine Hastings
Vice President: Jen Scott
Secretary: Andra Maddox
Treasurer: Ellen Lerner
Member: Maggie Rael